Posted by PorkBarrelBBQ at 7:06 PM
April 18, 2009
This is the start of a new series of posts so you can follow the food cravings of Pork Barrel BBQ over the spring and summer (and winter for us!). According to my wife, I always start the grilling season off with Scallops! I'm not sure what this says about me as a Midwesterner, but I can tell you there are few things better than the first grilling of the year!
Here's our menu: Sea Scallops, Shrimp with Pork Barrel BBQ's All American Spice Rub, and Organic Zucchini, Orange Pepper and Onions.
Also, we'll share with you what we are drinking - tonight it was a great (cheap!) Organic White Truck sauvignon blanc produced from Ukiah, CA. I purchased it at Whole Foods for $8.99.
1 lb Large Sea Scallops (8-10 scallops)
1 lb Wild Caught Tail On, Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
4 Medium Zucchinis
1 Orange Pepper
1 Medium Onion
1. Cut zucchini lengthwise, onion in 1 inch thick slices, and orange pepper in quarters. Drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In plastic bag, combine shrimp, add 1 TB olive oil, and Pork Barrel BBQ's All American Spice Rub - shake vigorously.
3. Rub olive oil on scallops, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat grill (we only use charcoal) and place vegetables on the grill over direct charcoals
and cook fro 7 minutes, and flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Move vegetables to other side of grill over indirect heat. Leave on grill until scallops and shrimp are complete.
5. Place scallops and shrimp over direct heat, cook scallops on each side for 7 minutes, and cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill.
Here's what it looks like when it is done!
6. Finally, chop up vegetables into small pieces, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.